Wednesday 12 August 2015

Childhood Gaming Pac-Man!

Photo from Namco

In my early childhood I did not have many video games to play but the ones I had I played to death.  I have a couple favorites including Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3, Super Mario Bros 2 and Pac Man: Adventures in Time.

It is great to see that many of the old retro games have been remade and re-released for virtual download.  Unfortunately not all games are given this reboot due to a lack in popularity or other reasons.  I sadly have not been able to find a digital version of Pac-Man: Adventures in Time.

Personally I love this game.  It was great to play back in the early 2000's.  Its plot has Pac-Man being sent back in time to recover pieces of an artifact the was destroyed by an evil entity. As the player you have to guide Pac-Man through multiple historical worlds each with a set number of mazes you must complete.  The ghosts change their appearance in each world with them starting out as cavemen and eventually, by the final level, they are futuristic robots.  Overall it does stay true to Pac-Man's original formula but it does have nice twists.  Some levels have obstacles that you will have to avoid other than the ghosts.  These include boulders, spikes and jousting knights.  Some levels require you to complete the withing a time limit as parts of the level disappear halfway through the level.  Now one of the best parts of this game is the 3D build of many of the levels which is a great change of  pace.  Now the game does have some annoying parts, such as not being able to find the last pellet to complete the level.  Even with that I still love this game!  I really wish Namco would release it for digital download sometime.

KFlave signing out!

Facebook

Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment