Tuesday 22 September 2015

Hammerhead Bridge

Photo From Nintendo

Took a short break from Splatoon to focus on school work and try out Super Mario Maker.  I did however make time to compete in the recent American Splatfest Art vs Science.  It was a great time and my team won again!  My Splatfest record now sits at 3 - 1.  Now back to the point.  I noticed that a new map had been released just before Splatfest called Hammerhead Bridge so naturally I had to scout it out before playing it online.

This map is reminiscent of Walleye Warehouse and Port Mackerel as it is very narrow but long.  The main focal point on the map is the bridge that runs from spawn point to the enemy spawn point.  This path offers quick movement and access to many parts of the stage but is a risk due to the lack of cover the bridge provides.  The bridge also has very little turf to be covered so in a turf war it is best to drop down as soon as possible.  From spawn there are also two side paths players can choose to take to get to the common middle ground.  These paths do provide players cover but also take a bit longer to get to the center of the fight.  Personally I find the area under the bridge to feel a bit like a maze with many walls and corners people can hide behind.  While playing Splatfest I spent countless games running in circles trying to out flank my opponents who where chasing me.  In the end I just ambushed them from around a corner with a well placed splat bomb.

This map is pretty fun to play and it also got me thinking.  Many Splatoon maps share similar characteristics.  Maybe there is a way to classify them.

Foreshadowing?  Maybe I am.  Stick around to find out!

Until then
KFlave signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment